Thursday, October 21, 2010

Drawing a blank.

It's amazing how fleeting my mind can be sometimes. It's been a week since my last post and I know I have had a lot of things on my mind since then, but absolutely nothing is coming to mind right now. That's what happens to me when I find a lull in my day. I am so used to the hustle bustle of everyday living, that when I actually find a moment of solitude and quiet, I have no idea what to do with it. I know I shouldn't be wasting precious time on the computer, and I know I have a million things that need to get done around the house... dishes, laundry, cleaning, blah, blah, blah. Sometimes it seems never ending. I'm not complaining by any means, I am blessed to be able to work at night and be able to stay home with my children, it just seems that life as a mother has infinite demands and a mother's work is literally... never done. It can be quite overwhelming at times, and even with all of the help I receive from family and friends, I still feel like I am not doing enough. What is with this mommy guilt and why is it so hard to shake? Is it just a woman thing? I wonder if Dads feel the same way, too. As mothers, why is it so hard to understand that sometimes we need help and can not do it all? Are we our own worst enemies? The weirdest thing about this whole day is that it hasn't even been a stressful day for me at all.... most days I am SO ready to go to work at night and punch out my mommy time card for the day, but today, for the first time in a while, hasn't been overly stressful, but yet I still feel a certain way and like I should be doing more. Maybe it's just me and my over-achieving attitude, when will I just learn to relax? I think I need a relaxing vacation where all I am allowed to do is lay there in the sun... I'd probably get bored, though, lol. Ben's right, I am never satisfied. ;)

No comments: