Monday, November 8, 2010

Excitement times 10.

view from the marina

the hotel's pool and beach access across the street!

YAY! In a little over 2 weeks, my husband and neglected best friend will finally be getting away for the honeymoon we never had. I can't even begin to describe how absolutely excited I am for this get-away as the ever so taxing (haha) dreadful, depressing, time known as tax season is looming in the not-so-distant future. How wonderful it will be to wake up to the sound of nothing. Oh, how I/We NEED this. This will be the first time since we got married that we have gone away for multiple nights in a row and a plane ride away. I know I am going to miss those little faces, but in the meantime I can drown my sadness away while laying in the sun on the sandy beaches of Treasure Island, Florida. Sorry if I am making you jealous!!

In other news, the hubs and I went to our first Eagles game in two years last night. Holy crap, it was freezing. It's hard to believe that 2 weeks ago, I was cursing the warm, humid weather for bringing back the ants in our kitchen. Ben and I played it safe and decided not to tailgate and lo and behold, I made it through the whole game without taking a nap, lol. Yeaaa, tailgating is not my best friend. I'm just happy the Eagles won, and I got to spend more uninterrupted time with my hubby... too much rushing around and missing each other reeks havoc on a relationship. Wow, and I just realized that Ben and I will be celebrating our "original" anniversary on November 25th... in sunny Florida, to boot. Lucky number 7 years together!

In the meantime, I just have to keep trekking along. Nathan was sick with croup last week, Ollie is getting sick currently, and I can only hope that Ben and I do not get sick next. The rest of the year is going to fly by now... Nathan is going to be 4 soon (omg) and Christmas is only 6 weeks and 5 days away... ahhh! I hope this year we can make it up to NYC to see the tree. OK, I'm rambling now. Off to go clean this mess of a house. Peace!

No comments: