Thursday, February 10, 2011

Save a Horse


Me & my seasoned line dancing girlfriends


It is with great excitement to announce that I tried line dancing for the first time last night. I was a little skeptical being that I really am not a fan of country music, but I have to say I had a great time! I didn't even need as much booze as I thought I would. =] A few observations:

1. I have never in my life seen old people move the way I saw them move last night. These people danced circles around me (literally). One old guy even used his cane as his partner.

2. Line dancing must produce sensations of self confidence because I have never witnessed so many men prancing around like they were on 'Dancing With the Stars'. That, coupled with the cowboy boot stomping and cowboy hats, and I was in sheer people watching heaven.

3. Line dancing also causes women of all shapes, sizes, ages and abilities to bust out in sporadic outbursts of choreography at any given time.... how do they ALL know the dances to EVERY song? It was slightly creepy and intriguing at the same time.

3. People named Vicki are super cool. The woman teaching the lessons was named Vicki and she was a little spit fire and funny as hell. Obviously takes after her namesake counterpart. Thankfully she broke things down for us newbies and had them play the songs at a snail's pace so that I could keep up without rolling an ankle. I knew I wore ankle boots for a reason.

Well, I did get the frequent flyer line dancer card, so I guess I will be attending again. I need to practice beforehand, so the old folks don't show me up! It sure beat sitting on my tukus watching the boob tube while my hubby was at work!

Cristin & Johanna, and the old peeps breakin it down in the background.

No comments: